A road called Hurricane Ridge leads up into Olympic National Park and is supposed to have even more amazing views, but after driving only a couple of miles we found this (note the flashing red light and big "road closed" sign):
Winter!! So we couldn't go any further into the park, but were pretty excited to see the snow and check out the mountains from there anyway.
After taking in the snow for a while (and seeing some crazy people drive by in their convertible...with the top down) we drove a little further around the peninsula to scope out Crescent Lake for a potential camping/kayaking trip next summer, and ended up getting there just in time to see the sunset.
Not bad for a day trip!
1 comment:
Hey Travers!
I am glad you are having fun out on the West Coast...and sorry that I missed seeing you in Florida, but the newbie has to work the holiday shifts at the library! Anyway my parents told me you had a blog, and I wanted to share my blog with you.
http://fallingnluvbrooklynfoodie.blogspot.com/
Best,
Leigh
Post a Comment